Monday, September 24, 2007

The Details...

I just have to put the details on here because Matt and I handpicked every single item and designed everything ourselves (yes, I'm tooting my own horn!). We were so happy with how our vision came together and everything was just perfect and how we had imagined it!! Our ceremony and reception were in a 1940s barn that was restored with orginal floors and beautiful wooden beams on the ceiling, so we wanted our decor to compliment the rustic elegance of the building.

The signature frame - instead of a guest book, we opted to use a signature frame which now hangs in our living room with our picture in it. It's so neat to walk by and read what people wrote, and I swear sometimes I read stuff I don't think I've seen before!



The Place cards - I found a pine cone farm online and ordered 200 medium pines cones so that we could use them to display our place cards.


Our centerpieces were made of orchids and curly willow. We used old barn wood and had the table numbers spray painted on using stencils.


I ordered these flavored personalized teabags online and requested that a small pinecone be added to the tag.


The appetizer displays were so pretty, and yummo!



White chocolate and milk chocolate fountains with pretzels, bananas, pineapples, strawberries, marshmellows and I don't even remember what else!



And of course, the yummy food! Our caterer was SO absolutely sweet and an amazing chef. The food was delish! We went with a country style buffet dinner, eat all you can! And, I got to go first, woot!


The room setup. Our colors were burnt orange and chocolate brown with a touch of cranberry. Since my dress had a sash I wanted all the chairs to have sashes too!


And here it is once it got a bit darker.



The ceremony location was turned into a lounge once the reception started so people could mingle and relax on the couches.


Using the wood beams we draped beautiful fabric from the ceiling to mark off where the dance floor would be. In some of the reception pictures you'll be able to see the fabric hanging to the floor.

My hideout while people were being seated and during the start of the ceremony was in the reception room, so in this picture you can see the fabric behind me, and the head table setup near the window with cranberry fabric mixed in as an accent.


Now that everything is setup and ready to go, we can get this party started!!

5 comments:

Perri said...

Jamie, your wedding was the most beautiful I've ever "been" to. Thanks for taking me along.

SuzyQ said...

WoW! Everything was gorgeous especially YOU!
Happy Anniversary!!!!

Andi said...

WOW- so I got behind and just caught up today. You had- by far- the most beatiful wedding I have ever seen. I even called Jacob over to look at it and HE was impressed even. Stunning. SImply stunning.

~Holly~ said...

You are BEAUTIFUL Jamie!!! Thanks for sharing all the pictures!!

monica.coffman said...

OMG...all those pictures are amazing!! You look beautiful and all the details you thought of are fabulous. I love the frame idea. You make me want to go get married all over again! LOL