Sunday, September 9, 2007

Ch-Ch-Changes

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070908/BUSINESS/709080470/1003/BUSINESS

This is not good news. This is the company I consult for. I received the news on Friday morning and have been in shock ever since. It's insane how so many people take their jobs for granted without realizing it could be gone tomorrow. I have not been released at this time but will be by the end of the year.

I've applied to eight jobs over the last couple of days, one in particular I'm super excited about. Part of me is excited for the new opportunities that lie ahead and especially the chance to work outside the home and find a company in which I can grow, learn, and advance. When I was little and people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I said I wanted to wear a suit and carry a briefcase. I think I'm well on my way! When I heard the news a smile immediately came to my face because I've wanted a way out of this business for years now. As our main income, it was impossible for me to walk away. Now I feel as if God has taken over and left me with no choice (and no guilt) but to pursue something that I'm interested in and that will make me happy.

I'm asking for all of your thoughts and prayers as we embark on this scary journey. We have no idea what is in store for us, but God does, and that's all that matters.

God will provide.

10 comments:

daizie said...

I'll keep you guys in my thoughts & prayers Jamie! It will all work out :hug:

Dorothy said...

{hugs}

~Holly~ said...

Hugs Jamie!! You have a really bright outlook on your new path!! Things will work out! :):

monica.coffman said...

Sounds like you have a great outlook on the changes...however scary they may be! :hug:

Tamara Wheeler said...

Hugs to you Jamie! Good luck in finding something that will make you happy!

SuzyQ said...

Things happen for a reason. I wish you all teh best in finding what you are looking for. {{{HUGS}}} & Prayers coming your way!

Tonya said...

gwp baby!!

Yvette Pupo-Heredia said...

Hugs Jamie!!

Tracy said...

((HUGS)) Everything does have a way of working out and it sounds like this is your time.

Andi said...

It's gonna work out you know- because the Planner planned it so!

Yeah- I didn't mean for that to rhyme, I'm just that good!