Monday, August 6, 2007

Wow, it's August

I can't believe it's already August and we've been in Arizona since April. Time has really flown up until now. Now that I'm pregnant and everything is counted in weeks, it seems like time has stopped. I am not feeling well about 85% of the time, and the other 15% I'm so afraid I'm going to get sick that I rarely leave the house. Yesterday was the first time I've left the house in 9 days. We went to Old Navy for about 15 minutes and then came home. Shopping isn't even as fun as it used to be. I'm just ready to feel like myself again. Matt is trying to help me, but I really don't think he could ever really understand what I'm going through. I am so lucky to be able to work from home. I don't know what I would do if I had to leave the house for a job. All I want to do is sleep. Too bad I can't sleep for the next 32 weeks or so.

I really don't think going home will help because it's not here that is making me miserable. I'm just miserable in my own body, in my own skin. Ugh, I just can't explain it. I hope after our appt on the 16th I'll understand more of what is happening to me. We are anxious just to hear that everything is ok with the baby. I'll be 10 weeks on the day of my appointment which seems like a long time to me!

I need to feel better for my husband, and my job, and for my hobby too. I won the design team spot at scrapfreak and I haven't scrapped in weeks. I really hope I don't let them down. I need to just snap out of this. I wish it was that easy.

Sorry for such a downer post, but I wanted to record how I'm feeling.

8 comments:

Sue said...

Jamie, I am so sorry that you are sick. I hope that yours will be like most women's pregnancy where the sickness will subside! So will the sleepiness! Changes in your hormones and your body create havoc but it will probably be short lived and then you can enjoy your pregnancy :) Congratulations again on expecting your first:):)

Tracy said...

Chances are you will start feeling better soon. This is rough now but I promise it will be worth it in the end. (hugs)

Heather said...

The first trimester was the roughest for me. I felt so much better in the second one. Relax as much as you can and get plenty of sleep!

Tamara Wheeler said...

Jamie.....sorry you feel so horrible. I can truely relate. Although, I know that doesn't help you feel better. I agree with tracy though, you will start to feel better soon. And the end result is amazing!

~Holly~ said...

I soo feel your pain Jamie! I promise you it will get better and its soooo worth every moment of feeling yucky! Hugs to you!

Unknown said...

just remember that what you are going through is perfectly normal. your body is making some amazing changes and it's hard for it all to gel right off the bat. and i'm talking the emotional as well as the physical - sometimes peeps forget to acknowledge the mental effects of pregnancy along with the changes in your body. just talk it through chica - with SOMEone and know that it will pass. hang tough sistah, you are a beautiful, happy and fortunate woman - i promise that you will be reminded of all that eventually, LOL!

love ya cutie!

Yvette Pupo-Heredia said...

Sorry you feel sick.....the first trimester is the hardest. It will get better {HUGS}

Tonya said...

hey there's like a KID in there. of course it is weird. :D

the first time the peanut kicks you in the bladder, you'll forget all that barfing. then you'll start peeing.