Sunday, March 2, 2008

In the words of my doctor...

"Well Jamie, you can kiss a 6 lb. baby goodbye because you've got a big boy in there!"

I saw the doctor on Thursday and she was really happy with how everything is coming along! I was 36.5 weeks along and I measured 38 so the baby is growing at a rapid pace! I hadn't gained any weight since my last appointment two weeks ago so my growth has slowed down, while his has taken off!

Dr. Cave said she thinks I'll go all the way to my due date at this point, but she scheduled an ultrasound for March 13th just to get some actual measurements and make sure the baby isn't TOO humongous! I wasn't dilated at all and my cervix was 20% thinned. I go back this thursday so we'll see if there's any more progress!

Now I'm far enough along that if I do go into labor, our baby will be considered full term. He's all developed and safe to come out...he's just laying around in there fattening up I suppose!

5 comments:

~Holly~ said...

YAY!! Good Luck to you Jamie! I can't wait to see your little guy!

Andi said...

Very exciting!! Down to the wire now!

Tonya said...

maybe he wants to wait till Auntie Boogs gets there. :))) i hope not :P

-leafa mcbirdie said...

yay! the countdown begins!! safe labor and healthy baby vibes to you, James!! :)

Anonymous said...

jamie,

i hope you aren't too miserable...you will make it and Ryder will be a healthy, awesome baby...you hang in there; love ya!!!

mike (bro in law) e.